Thursday, September 25, 2008

Art Fiesta!

Oh Em Gee you guys, it's been sooooo long. Just like that, the air has snapped into chill, summer drawing its final breaths before the early-darkening autumn. Here's what I've been doing while the air's been changing.

First, art. I began this painting months ago with Shannon, a collage of paper and paint, then didn't like it so I painted over it, but then the liquid made the paper too easy to pull off. So I pulled it off. Then it felt like my heart and I loved it.





Shannon came over a few weeks ago for wine and painting at my house. We made quite a mess.


She made this beautiful painting, and gave it to me as payment for one I gave to her (which I'll show you in a minute). Isn't it gorgeous?




It so perfectly matches the loverly birds guarding my closets.


So she gave me that in payment of the following piece. When I bought my bureau from the thrift store, in addition to the fortune inside I also found this very old, torn, crumpled-up photograph of folks at a wedding reception tossed in the back of one of the drawers. I thought it was so interesting, mysterious - you just know there's a story there. It is beautiful in its degradation. So I integrated it into my next piece and called it The Girl At Table 56.


Some details.


























Next, New York. Here's my view every Sunday, waiting to ride the N-train home from the Superhero Supply Store. Kind of cool, like spray-painting with a cutout cardboard.




There's a moment on the N-train, between Brooklyn and Manhattan, where the train ascends aboveground and you catch a glimpse of the city rising before you as you cross the East River.






Now what's up with this?


Love this.


Finally, coming to rest at home, with my sweet candle holder, my first housewarming gift, from Mom.


Which I look at while typing on my Mac, surrounded by books, cigar boxes full of writing utensils, and the city before me thru the window.


The morning after our painting adventure, Shannon and I went to Nice Matin, that amazing brunch place.


She had some amazingly fresh eggs, while I relished in my usual maple baked banana french toast.


AND COFFEEEEEE


Things have been a little exciting around PS260 lately. Our roof was rented out for a 2-day shoot for "Ugly Betty." I guess there's an upcoming episode centered around a Dia De Los Muertos fiesta, and in a matter of days the crew transformed our roof into this amazing set.














It wasn't without its price - our whole office was overtaken by gaffers, grips and extras.




But holy crap! Was it stunning.


They shot from 6pm to 6am each night, and, working late, I hung around upstairs a bit and caught glimpses of America Ferrara and some of the other cast members. At one point, I was in the kitchen and saw a fella coming towards me. He had on this corduroy blazer and glasses and my first thought was, "He's HOT! I want to flirt with that guy!" Then I realized he's THE STAR OF THE SHOW.


Yeah. Imagine him with glasses. And a blazer. Anyway, there was no flirting, as you can imagine.

More dècor.










This was cool: they got massive lights and lit the nearby NYC landmarks just for this shoot. Usually you can't even see the Flatiron at night.


Also last weekend, Kerri came to town, which was AMAZING and fun but I have no photos of it because I left my camera at work all weekend. Ergo... just believe me, it was a great time: dancing, wining, dining, reminiscing about Italy, picnicing, riding the Long Island Railroad, talking, laughing, loving.

This weekend I'm off to Pennsylvania to campaign for Obama. Until then.... ¡Adiòs!


love,
*jenna*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home